For any young woman considering a job or career in the military.
With information, tips, and perspective gathered from a variety of women who serve, this introductory guide will help you:
- Discern if military service is the right choice for you
- Evaluate enlisting or commissioning as an officer
- Select a service branch and career field
- Prepare for training, mentally and physically
- Integrate personal life, relationships, and motherhood with military service
- Manage stress and increasing mental toughness
- Navigate unique challenges as a woman in the military
- Thrive in your military career!
Applicable for enlisted and officer careers in any US Armed Forces service branch and type of service commitment, including:
- Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, Space Force
- Active duty, National Guard, Reserves
Hear what people are saying
“… a solid, factual, and practical guide to help young women make a major life decision with confidence … Strongly recommended.”
—Mari K Eder, Major General, US Army (Ret)
“… a perfect guide to help any woman considering life in uniform get straight talk on how it all works …”
—Jose Velazquez, Sergeant Major, US Army Public Affairs (Ret)
To order a signed copy please fill out this form.