These black bean burgers are easy to make and only require 4 ingredients. I hope you enjoy them. They work great as a side or on a bun with all the fixings.
- 1/2 cup salsa (any brand will do, pick your spice level)
- 1 16 oz can of black beans
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup of bread crumbs (depending on how chunky or saucy your salsa is)
- Rinse and drain black beans, pour into bowl and smash. I use a fork or my mix and chop from Pamper chef.
- Add chopped onion, bread crumbs and salsa. Mix together til it forms a smooth paste.
- Form into 4 patties about the same size. I like to flatten down the mixture and draw an x and then form it into balls. A tip I learned from Rachel Ray
- Heat up skillet or flat pan.
- Add balls to skillet and flatten to form patties about 1/4 inch thick. Heat for 6-8 min, then flip and heat til throughly cooked (about 4-6 more minutes)
Once done add to buns or serve as a side dish. We normally eat these as a side dish to pasta when we are doing a vegetarian night, but we have had them as burger and they are yummy that way too.